Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ACTEM08, MaineEd08, was the BEST!

Actem08, Mained08   was the Best!


If you were able to attend ACTEM08 I think you will agree it was really exceptional this year. The Civic Center Crew were most accommodating, the food was great, the lines were much easier than in the past, the internet and wireless was flawless. I presented 3 times over 2 days including one webcasting session and no complaints! Our keynote, Sheryl Nussbaum Beach, really spoke to how we can move to the next challenge, the next level and we need to all be part of this transformation for our students. I really liked her challenge to us at the end, we are the last generation of teachers as we know them. We are the last individuals who chose to be teachers, mentored by our great teachers in our lives. We are the last individuals who will be able to study to be teachers as we have known our educational society. When information begins to change at a rate of doubling every 72 hours by 2020, how will those teachers manage their content, their curriculum, their classrooms. It will only be through change, through facilitation, through flattened classrooms, through personal and professional networks. That will be the easy part. How will our students participate in that kind of learning environment. I know I will be reading more of what Sheryl Nussbaum Beach has to say on this topic. I know that I will looking at ways to facilitate that change. I have to, I want to stay current, I want to mentor our new pre-service teachers, I want to be there.
Thanks to John Brandt for the great photo!

Resources for Cheryl Oakes at ACTEM08:
HandsonPodcasting
Seedlings Geek of the Week
Onlinewritingtools4all
Tags: ACTEM08, Mained08, cheryloakes

Countdown to Sugarloaf Opening Day!

Sugarloaf Opening
Gadgets powered by Google

No comments: